This year, I made an informed choice, and resolved that I would mix it up a bit and commit to my New Year's Resolution on February 1 instead of January 1.
OK, not entirely true. Pure baloney, actually.
The fact is I procrastinated, pushed it back as far as I could, past vacation time, well enough into January to let the demotivation of 2012 and the gluttony of the Holidays truly settle in, just enough to disgust myself back into action.
It's a shame the truth doesn't read anywhere near as interesting as my opening paragraph. But it's time to own up; I've let things slide.
My health, my attitude, my appearance, my interest, my motivation, my commitments. They've all gone downhill over the last couple of years. I've let work worries overshadow everything. But today I've decided that all has to change.
So here we are, January 28, and I've decided that I'm not about to let certain situations in the ME get the best of me. I am returning to the "me" who came to the ME six and a half years ago. The "me" who felt her day was incomplete without a daily run. The "me" who never stepped out the door in sweats and flip flops. The "me" who made sure that even if there was no time for full hair and make-up, lipstick would be applied first thing in the morning. That was the "me" who worked so hard to convince everyone else that if you focus on the positive, more positive will follow. That was the "me" who would not hesitate to eat a plateful of ribs, so long as it was accompanied by a large side of greens. That was the "me" who looked forward to going to work every morning. That was the "me" who really looked forward to weekends. That was the "me" who made getting 9 hours sleep a night a priority.
So here we are, January 28, and I've decided I'm going to fully commit to "me" in the "ME". Starting, now, starting today. I've got a plan, and that's a good start. I work well with schedules and plans. That's my comfort zone. Expecting what to expect. My plan is to plan; my plan is to keep things simple. Here's how I plan to commit to "me", in no order of priority:
- Get 9 hours sleep every night;
- Take a COLD shower every day;
- Always have a good book on the go;
- Focus on the positive;
- Run 5 mornings a week;
- Eat clean, and nothing after 6 p.m.;
- Keep a daily food and activity journal;
- Drink eight 8 oz glasses of water a day;
- Use my LeCreuset pots to create amazing meals at least 4 times a week;
- Focus on the positive
- Apply my lipstick carefully every morning, and make sure it remains glossy throughout the day;
- Wear killer high heels at least twice a week;
- Get my roots dyed every four weeks;
- Focus on the positive;
- Plan out the week's meals so I can spend less time rushing and more time enjoying my daughter;
- Let our maid help out more (I have an aversion to and guilt about doing so, even though she is constantly telling me she is bored and would like to do more ... this in itself is the subject matter of a whole post unto itself).
- Post on my blog at least once a week;
- Focus on the positive.
- Quit smoking .... !!!!!!!
I am holding myself accountable to "me", but posting this for "all" to see. Considering my blog currently has a readership of two (my husband and me!), it's not like I'm really putting myself out there. But should my following grow ... well, I'll just have more people to answer to, won't I!