I have to thank Linda from Expat Eye on Latvia for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. She has been my most entertaining read of the decade. Latvia wasn't even on my radar 'til I was introduced to her blog. All of a sudden, I find myself wanting desperately to visit Cesis in a bid to say I too have seen the drunk town crier, worn surgical slippers to the museum, and sipped coffee at the cafe that doubles as a dress shop. Please give her a read ... and thank me later for the belly laughs.
The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who gave you the award. (check)
- Include a link to their blog. (check)
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. (see below)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. (same as above)
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. (this is about to get FREAKY)
P.S. The rules say NOTHING about not re-nominating you if you've already received this award, so if that's the case, well enjoy it. I've only added you if I actually enjoy what you have to say.
So I have to nominate 15 bloggers. I would like to think I'm versatile because my reasons for nominating them include their courage, their humor, my love for them, but most of all, their ability to take an ordinary moment and turn it into something EXTRAORDINARY.
My 15 bloggers are (in no particular order):
To Linda ... who told the world about me ... hope you're happy that I'm now exposing myself unabashedly to the world. These are my seven things about "Me" (all about me, always about me, have I mentioned me?):
1. I was madly in love with Captain Kirk until I was 12.
2. I wiggled my nose furiously from age 4 to 6 thinking if I wished it hard enough I could be Samantha from Bewitched.
3. As a child, I wanted to be either desperately poor or disgustingly rich.
4. As a teen, I debated between becoming a nun or a prostitute.
5. I lived in South America as a child; I did my stint in North America; I live in the Middle East now.
6. I prefer heels to comfort ... but mostly I prefer comfortable heels.
7. My hair has been gray since I was 18.
Yeah ... I am that shallow ...